Firstly Don't panic......!
Secondly, don't believe all the daft rumours about dropping your drive from a height, or freezing it to get it working again. This will, without doubt make things worse!
We have been specialising in Apple Mac data recovery for many years now, so you're in good hands.
In many cases your data is recoverable. We would say that nine times out of ten - the data is recoverable. The million dollar question is, how valuable to you is that data?
We can help recover data in many ways. We have listed some typical scenarios below
- Physical Drive Failures - If you're hearing nasty clicking or mechanical scraping noises then it's likely your drive is physically failing. Turn your Mac off and call us. Continuing to use your Mac increases the chance of losing your data, and decreases the chance of a successful recovery.
- Mount Failures - It's not uncommon for hard drives to have file structure issues. If this is the case, they simply won't mount on your desktop. This is a pretty straight forward recovery.
- Accidental Data Deletion - If you have deleted data in error, turn your Mac off and call us. Using your Mac after deleting a file decreases the chance of us being successful. We can recover from SD Cards, internal hard drives and external hard drives.
- iPhoto Library Corruption - Images not displaying correctly or missing? Problems with your iPhoto database.
- Entourage Database Corruption - If emails are being displayed incorrectly or Entourage is unable to open it's likely your database has some form of corruption.
- Parallels/VM Ware Corruption - Sometimes Windows machines can go wrong, (ahem!) and if it's being run using a virtual environment then the problem solving and recovery can be tricky. We can help.
Our data recovery pricing is pretty straight forward. If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to call us.
Our standard data recovery fee is £125.00 inc VAT - only if we are successful.
If we are not successful, there is NO charge. That sounds fair to us.
In severe cases your hard drive may need to be dismantled and worked on in a sterile environment. If this is the case we will assess your drive for £10.00 and then report back to you with our findings. This will include how much of the data we will be able to recover, and also the cost of recovery. The cost of recovery will vary depending on the work involved, but typically it will be two to three times the cost of our standard data recovery fee.
The £10.00 fee is non refundable. Again, there is no charge for the actual recovery if we are unsuccessful.